Married on September 9th, 2009

Friday, March 11, 2011

The Fast & The Furious

Gile-
A few years back, Gile & his brother Chris were in a horrible accident. They were on their way home from visiting their grandparents in Montana. It was early in the morning & they reached Tremonton when his brother accidently fell asleep while driving. They rolled the white mustang convertible several times!!! Gile called me that morning & said, "Kinz, I've been in a little accident. We are ok, but I just wanted to let you know." I was going to Lagoon that day with some friends, so I didn't think anything about it until my friend Sadie's boyfriend showed me the pictures, that Gile sent him, of the car!!! He didn't want to show me at first, but then I asked him to & I could not believe it!! "Little accident" my butt!! I immediately was sick to my stomach & didn't even want to be there anymore!! Gile was taken by an ambulance to be checked out... It is truly a miracle that Gile & Chris made it out alive... let alone without any broken bones!!!

Kinzie-
Right after high school, I started shopping for my first car. I was SO excited when my dad said we were going to go look for a car. First he took me to the Suzuki dealership because I had mentioned that a girl I knew in high school had a Forenza that was really cute. The second I got there, it was love at first sight!! I knew that's what I wanted. My dad told me to keep looking to make sure it's what I really wanted since it was the first big purchase I have ever made. My sister Ashlie works at a body shop & was teasing me because I wanted a Suzuki rather than a Honda or a Toyota. I think all my family was getting frustrated because I would ask each of them to go with me car shopping. I looked at a white Honda Civic & I really loved it, but it wasn't MY car. I looked at a Red Chevy Cobalt & I liked it (mainly because the blinker sounded cool... haha), but it wasn't MY car. I looked at a green Jeep Wrangler & I would have instantly bought it, but it was above my price range. I looked at a sparkly baby blue Scion... LOVED IT, but when I told the guy, half jokingly, that I would give him $12,000 straight up for it... He laughed hysterically... so I knew it wasn't MY car. Finally, the day came when Gile & my brother Karter said, "Kinz, if you like the Forenza... then let's go get it!!" I was so excited & felt like a million bucks driving my little Forenza off of the lot. This was before I would drive on the freeway though, so I had to pull over & Gile drove it on the freeway home for me. Haha. I was so excited to show my friends. I drove & showed my friends Katie & Liz... I showed it to Gile's family.
Anyways, I hung out at Gile's house for a while & then left to go home. I was driving up to my house when all of the sudden I look in my rearview mirror & there was a car driving on the wrong side of the road going probably 75 mph when the speed limit is 25, if that. He hit two trees on the side of the road and was headed straight for me. I just kept thinking, "He's going to hit me... He's going to hit me!!" It all happened so fast. He hit my brand new car and spun me sideways and kept driving!! Then he went up the curb & hit a shed.... got out of his car and ran!!! I just remember getting out of my car and yelling, "You hit my brand new car!!!" All the neighbors came running out at 12:30 AM to help me!! I couldn't even talk I was so mad & upset!!
We drove my car up the street to my house & parked it. There it sat for the next couple of days all smashed. My family would laugh at me because I would say, "Hey, do you want to go sit in my car and listen to the radio. =(  I think they were all more mad at what had happened than I was because they all knew how excited I was & felt bad for me. It sat there in the driveway until Ashlie's work towed it to their place. The worst part was, the bank gave me the check to take to the dealership to pay for my car... that was a very depressing day, delivering a huge check to pay for something I didn't even have.
Anyways, later we found out that my car, with only 20 miles on it, was TOTALED!!!! They found the kid that hit me & he was drunk & didn't have insurance. I had to go to court multiple times because my insurance company & the city were sewing him for the damages done to the road, trees, shed, & my car!!! I sat there quietly in front of the kid that had ruined my new car & listened as he turned to his friend & said, "They said I hit some girl's car or whatever" and then laughed!! I was so sad!!! A month or two after, I got another brand new Suzuki Forenza & was happy again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment